Visit HAU Site

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

HAVE YOU SAVED YOUR DOCUMENTS

Posted by Marigrace Guevarra

Sitting at the computer one day, I was typing a research paper.
Setting the format for the page had been simple, spell check had found
only a few errors, and I had done well in my vocabulary. I was just
about finished with the body of the paper when suddenly, the power
went off. My heart sank. I had been typing my paper but hadn't saved
it. Maybe the program was one of those programs that saves it
automatically for you. At least I hoped it was. I waited about 30
minutes and when the power came on, I ran to the computer. My heart
pounding and mind racing, I wondered if the document had been saved.
After searching the program and practically the whole computer, it was
nowhere to be found. I had lost it all. The whole thing...gone! Why
didn't I save it? It would've been so easy.

Our lives are like living documents. Everything we do, say, and think
is recorded in God's Book of Life. But there are two kinds of "living
documents," those that are saved and those that are not saved. Those
who live their lives according to the will of God and the instruction
of Jesus Christ, will have their "living documents" saved forever and
ever in heaven. Those who live their lives in defiance of the will of
God and the commandments of Jesus, will lose their them to the pit of
fire.

How do you save your "living document?" It's easy. Jesus says, "Come
unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you
rest... my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30). If
you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart
that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved (Romans 10:9).
You will never have to worry that
your "living document" will be lost. You will never have to worry
about losing it all.

Are you a saved or unsaved "document?"

No comments:

Post a Comment